Providers

INSURANCE COVERAGE

Nutrition counseling may be covered by health insurance plans that have “Medical Nutrition Therapy Benefits” on their policy, or have a preventative benefit.

Vitality Nutrition and Wellness participates with:
• Aetna
• Amerihealth
• Cigna
• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
• Medicare (restrictions)
• United

(To our clients: We recommend contacting your insurance company directly for an explanation of your benefits.)

CORPORATE WELLNESS PROVIDERS

Vitality Nutrition & Wellness Center offers corporate wellness nutrition counseling for your employees, along with group cooking classes, demos, and group nutrition classes.
 

Classes offered:

• Nutrition Education 101
• Eating on the go: Nutrition in the Workplace
• Diabetes Nutrition Education
• Heart Health For Life
• Mindful Eating

REFERRAL FORMS

Please click on the link to download the Referral Form for Outpatient Nutrition Services. Please print, complete and send to the address on the form.

1. Simpson J, Mapel T. An investigation into health benefits of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) for people living with a range of physical illnesses in New Zealand. N Z Med J. 2011;124(1338): 68-75.

2. Alexander GK, Innes KE, Selfe TK, et al. “More than I expected” perceived benefits of yoga practice among older adults at risk for cardiovascular disease. Complement There Med. 2013; 21(1): 14-28.

3. McDermott KA, RAO MR, Nagarathna R, et al, A yoga intervention for type 2 diabetes risk reduction: a pilot randomized controlled trial.  BMC Complement Alt Med. 2014; 14:212

4. Li G, Yuan H, Zhang W. Effects of tai chi on health related quality of life in patients with chronic conditions: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Complement Ther Med. 2014:22 (4):743-55.

OUR APPROACH

Our team takes an integrative and comprehensive approach to nutrition therapy that gets straight to the nutrition-related health problems your patients face.

Programs are directed by credentialed health-care professionals and address concerns such as:

• Metabolic Syndrome
• Heart Disease, Lipid Disorders
• Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes
• Cancer
• Morbid Obesity
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease
• Irritable Bowel Disease
• Celiac Disease
• Crohn’s Disease
• Ulcerative Colitis
• Autoimmune Disorders
• Pre and Post Bariatric Surgery Nutrition Care
• Help calculating nutrient needs for patients on Nutrition Support

The Vitality Approach is unique in that it combines one to one dietetic counseling with hands on instruction in food preparation and cooking. Our practitioners are trained in motivational interviewing, which is the most effective method of guiding patients to making behavioral changes. Patients become empowered to eat healthfully and learn skills to make life long lifestyle changes.

We also have optional lab testing available for micro-nutrient testing. 

Additionally, we offer vitamin, mineral, antioxidant and immune analysis. Lab results come from SpectraCell Laboratories.

We accept most major insurance plans for the medical nutrition therapy portion of our programs.

Classes emphasize preparation of whole plant-based foods including vegetables, legumes, whole grains and fruits.  Research supports that these nourishing foods should make up at least 75% of your daily intake. The other 25% high-quality proteins. It is the foundation of good nutrition.

We also offer other wellness services that are stress-reducing and mindfulness into your patients lives. For many patients restorative interventions like yoga, mindfulness meditation can improve quality of life, including overall health, pain, mental state, perceived stress and energy. (1,2,3,4 reference)

If you are health care provider and have questions about or program and services please contact Georgia Saler Histon RDN at 609.904.5627. 

Logo copy.png

Call (609) 904-5627

© 2020 by Vitality Nutrition & Wellness Center

  • Black Instagram Icon