Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation: 30 minutes
Servings: 20 cookies
Gluten-free, no refined sugar, no butter, or eggs
12 Medjool dates, chopped
1 ¼ cup organic rolled oats (blended into flour)
¼ cup flax meal (ground flaxseeds)
1 tsp maple syrup
2 tsp baking powder (without aluminum)
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp sea salt
1/3 cup nut butter (almond or cashew)
¼-1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
¼ cup of chopped walnuts
1/8 cup chopped coconut
1. Soak dates in a small bowl, covering with water for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Grind ¾ cups oats into flour using a blender like Vitamix. Add baking powder, flax, remaining oats, and salt.
4. Blend the dates with 3 TBSP water, nut butter, vanilla until smooth.
5. Stir in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add in the chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut.
6. Roll into small balls and place in a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper, press the cookies down into the shape you desire.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until starting to brown.